Monday, May 21, 2012

Catching up - Part I


I guess it's time to stop goofing off and get back to work, although as you'll see below, I've actually been quite busy these past couple of weeks...


Saturday, May 5th took us to Raymond James Stadium (where the Bucs play) for Symphony Under the Stars. What could be better than a tailgate party with all of your best puppy in training friends followed by a night of classical music performed by the Florida Orchestra? Of course tailgate and orchestra in the same sentence does sound a little odd.


It turned out to be a great evening and all us puppies were on our best behavior, even with the many distractions that we were presented with. Unfortunately, we did have to leave a little bit early... at the start of the 1812 Overture (The Year 1812, Festival Overture in E flat major, Op. 49 for those musical purists out there) we quickly gathered our things and hightailed it out of the stadium because the cannons were going to be fired during the song. We were just outside the stadium when they were fired and even that was a little too close.









































Next up was my final night of puppy obedience class down at the SEGD campus.  That night turned out to be much better than the previous 3 times, I actually got to stand in the circle of training the entire night!  While I didn't graduate Summa Cum Laude, I did manage to complete the course and showed improvement (at least that's what Karen told me) it must've been those 100 "I will not bark, jump or nip" exercises that I had to complete.  We'll see how things go, but I may want (need) to go back for a continuing education course.

See, I can stay still...









Learning how to be part of the "circle"

Edgar found a leaf








Puppy swap time - Ahhh, I love getting my belly rubbed!


The next day took Dad and me to Country Day School http://countrydaylargo.com/ in Largo.  They had chosen to raise funds for SEGD with a mini-walkathon at the school so we went down to participate.  Dad wasn't too sure about going since I had been having issues with pulling on the leash, but we decided to go and I got to meet a lot of great kids.  I also got to see a horse and some other barnyard animals while we were there.



Sylvia with Denny & Sunny


Stephanie introduces Coastie to the group

And they're off...




Oops, I almost forgot, these clients came all the way from Texas to see me, well, at least I'd like to think they did...


Larry, Kim & Sheldon



No comments:

Post a Comment