Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hmmm, let me see if I can remember the highlights of this week...

First, I think I forgot to tell you about a couple of things from our trip to the Tampa Seafood Festival last week...  I got to meet a flock of Pink Flamingos, and play in the dancing water fountains. 

Who knew there were Pink Flamingos in Florida?

There should be music to go with these...

Ok, now on to more recent events...  It should be no surprise that I lost another tooth this week.  So far 9 teeth have been found on the floor and according to a Google search for "how many teeth do dogs have" that leaves 12 unaccounted for.  I think I must be getting close to the end because I had already lost my front teeth and those were never found.  The Google search says that I'll have this 42-44 adult teeth.  How does that work?  I lose 21 and 42-44 grow back?  I hope there's room for all of them.

Dad and I made a trip to Petco this week too pick up a few supplies and food.  For some reason Dad didn't get a cart so it was kind of fun to watch him juggle the bag of food, the supplies and me - sorry we couldn't get any pictures, Dad already had his hands full...

The squirrels were very active this week.  I went for several walks with Mom and they were everywhere - one even ran across the sidewalk about 3 feet in front of us!  It caught me by surprise and I didn't have a clue what to do about it except for stop and stand there with my mouth hanging open.

Later in the week Dad took me for a walk and I ended getting a little muddy so when we got home I had my first outside shower.  Everything was pretty cool with the shower, but Dad only rinsed me with the hose - he didn't use my special John Paul puppy shampoo, needless to say, my hair got really curly and now I can't do a thing with it!

The weekend was supposed to be kind of quiet, but as it turns out, our dance card filled up fast.

Saturday morning we drove to Tampa and picked up Mom's friend Kelley who had been in town all week for a conference.  Kelley lives in VA and they hadn't seen each other for about 10 years so there was a lot to cover in just a few hours.  We decided to go to International Plaza and walk around for awhile.  While we were there we walked past the elevators - they kind of freaked me out a bit.  I've been in several elevators and everything was fine, but I've never seen an elevator go up and down from the outside!  I stopped and sat down by Mom's feet to watch it from a distance - I figured it was safer that way.  I may have to rethink riding in one of those things...  After that Dad spotted the Apple Store so we stopped in there; who can pass up an Apple Store?

Everyone was getting hungry, including me, so we went to TooJay's for lunch.  On the way in we ran into Brian, a client at Mom's office.  He and a friend were sitting on the patio area having lunch.  I had met him at the office about a week ago and it turns out that he loves dogs - he and his wife have two Standard Poodles, one is about 2 years old and the other is about 9 weeks old.  While we were talking to him, he noticed that A-Rod (Alex Rodriguez of the NY Yankees) walked by... wow, my first superstar encounter!

Ah, but I digress, we went in, had a nice lunch of Jewish deli style sandwiches (ok, so I had crumbs) and then decided to take a ride across the Courtney Campbell Causeway for a nice scenic ride (there's only so much you can do in a few hours).  We stopped for a few minutes on the frontage road to get out and take a break.


I really wanted to climb down the rocks and check out the water...

Unfortunately it was time to head to the airport and drop off Kelley.  I forgot to tell her that if she needed help finding her way around that I could help her since I had flown in there 2 months before when I moved here from Birmingham.  We all said goodbye and parted ways.  Hopefully it won't be another ten years.

It turned out to be the weekend for catching up with old friends... when we were on the way to Tampa, Terri, another friend of Mom's that lives in Palm Beach called and said that she was on the way to St. Pete to visit her father.  We met Terri and her family at a local Chili's for dinner.  We had a great time (the floor menu was kind of sparse) and it was fun to meet so many people.

Wow - look at those Devil eyes!

All in all, the day was pretty great.  Dad and Mom told me a number of times how proud they were of me.  I had walked around the mall very calmly and without pulling on my leash, and at both restaurants I did my under/down and slept throughout the meal, well, after I spent a couple of minutes checking out the floor menu.  They told me I had an A+ day - yeah!!!

Sunday morning was pretty cool.  Stephanie, a fellow puppy raiser (she's currently waiting for a new puppy) was puppy sitting for Babe, a "blonde" yellow lab who is 7 months old came over to go to the Tarpon Springs Art Festival with us.

We spent some time outside so that Babe and I could meet and then left for the festival.  Today I was definitely not playing my A game.  I pulled, and pulled at my leash; it didn't matter if Babe was in front, beside, or behind me.  Babe on the other hand being the mature 7 month old puppy that he is walked calmly around the festival.  I guess I still have a few things to learn...

Anyway, we don't normally buy too many things at festivals, but Mom needed a few pictures to hang in her office and we had heard that an artist, Ben Essenberg who lives in Englewood, FL was going to be there.  He does Everglades paintings and we already own several of them so we decided to see if there was anything that we wanted to add to the collection.  As it turns out, Mom was able to find a few prints and she ended up buying them.  We finished walking through the festival and invited Stephanie and Babe back to the house to cool off in the air conditioning for awhile.  Actually, I had an ulterior motive, I was hoping that Babe would want to play for a few minutes.

We got back to the house, and guess what, it worked - game on!!!  I got Babe to chase me around, and around, and around (ooohh, I think I'm getting dizzy) the dining room table.  By the way, Mom had anticipated that we would run around, so she removed the glass top cocktail table from the living room so we wouldn't hurt ourselves.  We ran around like that for about 10 minutes and then it was lights out for both of us.  That's the way puppies are, play hard for 10 minutes and sleep like a rock for the next 30.

Check out the way Babe "hooks" his paws

One tired puppy!

Before leaving, Babe got the opportunity to meet my kitty brother, Sneakers.  Apparently Babe also lives with a kitty so he wasn't too excited, or impressed.  Although, he did sniff the litter box once - doesn't he know that the litter sticks to a wet puppy nose?  After a great morning of fun, it was time for Stephanie and Babe to head home and finish their errands for the weekend.

Since we purchased the prints at the festival we decided to head to Michael's to see if we could get them framed.  I was back playing my A game until the very end of our visit there... while Dad and Mom were picking out frames I was really, really, really, good (did I mention how good I was?) and laid quietly on the floor, but when we went to leave, I stood up and my leash was wrapped around my leg.  Mom bent down to untangle me and I decided that it must be time to play - bad move on my part...  I tried to nip at her and started barking - not a good example of how a puppy in training should behave.  Needless to say, after that we made a pretty fast exit.  It was back home and time for a nap.  When we got home, I quietly got in my kennel and took a nap, I sure hope I redeemed myself.

That's all I have for this now, but stay tuned, you never know what else I might come up with...

By the way, I forgot to tell you about the one downside for the week, my favorite UPS driver was on vacation this week so I didn't get to see him.  I sure hope he's back next week...

Have a great week everyone!

Dad is upstairs & Mom is downstairs - which way should I go?

PS - I heard something about an Easter Bunny visiting next week, I can't wait to find out more about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment